Hi class
We all know that homosexual individuals face a lot of struggle, to purse their means of happiness. They are struggling to achieve their rights and equality by legalizing same-sex marriages and have succeeded in some countries. Do you think that homosexual couples should be allowed to get married legally?
Well, in my opinion Homosexual couples should be given the same rights as marriage, but it shouldn't be called marriage. They would get the benefits of marriage, but the only difference is, that it's not called marriage. Marriage is a scared bond between a man and a women, and shouldn't be redefined to meet other people's standards.
Homosexuality shouldn't be taken to the extreme of, as some might say "kill them all." And also shouldn't be taken to the other extreme of, legalizing marriage. Denying the rights and equality of any individual regardless of religion, race, sex, sexual orientation and etc is wrong. Giving them equal rights and letting them purse their happiness, but calling them "civil union," instead of marriage is right.
Also with the legalization of homosexual marriage, it would affect children in a unnatural way. Children will be confused about what marriage is. If you go up to a child and ask him "whats marriage?" Guaranteed the child would think about a man and a woman first, and also would think about his parents. The reason the child thinks like that, is because it's the natural and normal way of understanding marriage. Crossing those boundaries of understanding that they have is wrong.
Watch the following video:
Question for discussion
Should homosexual couples get married or be called by another name? Is there any wrong in giving equal rights, but calling it different? Are children being affected by same-sex marriages in a negative way? If marriage was legalized do you think it should be taught to young children?
Homosexuality is expanding day by day in this society. I think it would be wrong to not teach children about it. I do not think that gay marriages affect children in a negative way at all. In fact, I think it will teach them that no matter who you are it is okay and that they can actually be whoever they want to be. I think that the legalization of gay marriage in Canada is a positive thing because it is constantly around us day to day. I also think that having it legalized will make the gay community feel more apart of the society and apart of the decision-making of Canada. This subject is highly controversial but personally, I think it is ridiculous. It shouldn't matter at all whether or not you are gay. You should be allowed to have all those fulfilling things in your life i.e: having children. I have a gay uncle and he is married. He does everything completely normal just as we do in our daily lives. I do not see the difference.
ReplyDeleteThe only problem with legalization of homosexual marriage is that it may encourage many people to practice this openly. While I agree that the world is overpopulated and homosexual couples may adopt many many orphaned kids, but you never know if we are striked by natural disasters and the world population goes down, then survival for our species will become difficult. The world climate is already going through change, and the prediction for our future isn't very bright. We have already made the world a very unnatural place by distroying the natural habitats etc. and I think this unnatural step will invite even more trouble. When it comes to topics like this, we can no longer think personally as this can affect everyone else as well. It's a very odd situation and coming to a conclusion is very difficult.
ReplyDeleteYES! gay couples deserve the right to be married and have it be called a marriage. If you take away the right for a gay couple to get married, it`s taking away a civil right. It`s the same as saying you can`t get married because your Black or Indian. Legalization of gay marriage is not an extreme, it`s normal. Everyone else has the right to marriage, why shouldn`t gay couples. Once you bring religion into the government, then your dealing with a whole bunch of issues because you would have to adapt to the different religions within a country. Government deals with the rights of its civilians, and marriage is a right, regardless of religion.
ReplyDeleteThe legalization of homosexual marriage would not affect children in a wrong way because a parent is a parent. If a parent is a good one, why deny them the opportunity to be a parent. Many heterosexual parents are horrible, and I think that would have a worse effect on a child then a homosexual parent that is caring and loving. How can you say homosexual parents would confuse children; I think a whole lot of gay people come from heterosexual households.
I don`t think a homosexual couple is effecting the earth any differently then a married couple will. And this whole post is a contradiction.
I strongly agree that everyone is playing a part in destroying the earth. I am specifically talking about reproduction here. We may be doing fine now and maybe legalization of homosexual marriage won't be a problem in today's time. But come the future, you never know what kind of disasters we might face. I get a feeling that we're changing the laws of nature so much that one day we'll destroy our own species and everything will turn back to how it was naturally. Do you ever see homosexual animals? Are we any more special than the rest of the animals around the world that we think we have the right to change nature?
ReplyDeleteEven married couples don't want to have any more than 1-2 kids or 3 at most. The problem with our generation is that we are so selfish that we don't think about the future generations. All we ever think about is pleasure for ourselves! Most people have the attitude of "I have this one life, and I'm gunna live to the fullest. I don't give a damn to what happens to the rest of the world."
O.k first of all Omar, I completely disagree with what you wrote. Where does it say that a marriage is a bond between a man and women. A marriage could be between any two people. Gender, religion and moral values are not taken in consideration when talked about a marriage. I believe that everyone has the right to get married. It’s a type of freedom that lies within our hands and not others. So why should the government decide whether gays or lesbian marriages should be allowed? They don’t do that for heterosexual couples then why homosexuals? They are humans too and I personally don’t agree with this fact.
ReplyDeleteNO! Children are NOT affected by a homosexual couple. The child has his/her own interests, its not necessary that if the parents are homosexual the child will turn out to be the same way. Studies have been done and proven. The child may face problems at school due to differentiation but nothing serious will occur. I think the media and people around the world have to start excepting change and start accepting homosexual couples in to this society, that’s they only way bulling and hate will be stopped.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow! To begin with, I think your blog post is very biased. I really don’t think you know how it feels to be different from everyone else (not saying it’s a bad thing or I know how it feels)! Everyone on this planet has the right to get married at whatever age and with whoever they want. Why not people who are in love with the same gender then? That’s like saying to people of different races that they cannot marry one another. That is so NOT fair. Everyone has their choice to marry whoever they want and nobody should be able to take it away from them. Homosexuals suffer through psychological problems because of people who think they should not be given equal rights as others. It’s always the societal pressure that they are constantly put under.
ReplyDeleteComing to the children, it’s important for them to learn about homosexuals in order to live a biased free life. When a parent brings up their child, they are taught the difference between right and wrong. They should also be taught the difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals.
I COMPLETELY agree with Ashleigh. I don’t think that anybody choosing their sexual orientation should even matter. It’s just seen as a normal topic brought up for arguments. Let them live just like how you live. If they are happy, then why do you have a problem with it?
@ Alysha So your saying it would not be wrong to teach children that marriage is a bond between two people that love each other, even between homosexuals and heterosexuals. In my opinion, NO children should be taught this newly defined concept of marriage. Its confusion and unnatural. Many children when Marriage is brought, like I said in my post, think about a heterosexual marriage. Children are delicate beings, they absorb everything around them. Telling these kids that something as unnatural/not normal as same-sex marriage is normal, just for homosexual individuals to gain a so called freedom or equality. I think, Children are WAY more important then the fake freedoms Homosexuals are trying to attain.
ReplyDelete@ Mursal I never understood what you said only the first few lines. Regarding that legalizing same-sex marriage would cause more problems that affecting children. Many children that were adopted by homosexual couples were bullied and hurt, because they were not normal, there were considered by the other children as "weird". Some children would lead a live of solitude, due to the choice of the couple to adopt them. So there are less pros than cons in same-sex marriages, therefore is should not be legalized in my opinion.
ReplyDelete@ Ashleigh I do not understand how its the same as black or etc. That dose not make sense. I am taking about how if same-sex couples be together without getting married that would be better, for the society and the children. I have a question for you. Why can't homosexual couples be happy together, without getting married and adopting children? it your answer is No. Then I would rather have a bunch of unhappy homosexual couples than having children being negatively affected by them.
ReplyDelete@ Mursal's second comment - I agree that it would have negative impacts too in the future, that makes a lot of sense. I have a question for you. Do you believe that there is NO negative affect at all, in a society that legalized same-sex marriages not in the future, presently? Are children being harmed in that society?
ReplyDelete@ Gurpreet F - When you say "I believe everybody should get married," how about I agree with you, but lets not call in marriage. We let them have similar rights, except in my opinion to have children, and we call it differently. You have to understand where I am coming from. I am strongly with giving every individual on the face of the earth freedom and equality. The one thing that I am not with is that if the individuals freedom, and equality affects the up bringing of children, in any way shape or from, then I am strongly against that. I love equality but I love children more. Also when you said statistics show nothing serious occurs, I think suicides, many attempted suicides, and severe depression are serious, if you don't consider that serious, I can't help you. Lastly i Never brought it up that if your gay that your children are gay. I agree with you in that part.
ReplyDelete@ Heli - Like I said a million times. I am with equality, but I am against equality if it results in a negative influence on children. Why don't we settle for this so were both happy, Homosexual couples can stay together happily ever after, and also they get married. With exception of them adopting children, and it being called marriage, why not call it civil union. So whats your take on that suggestion.
ReplyDeleteYou know when you said "it’s important for them to learn about homosexuals in order to live a biased free life." Lets say I agree with you and everything works out children are being taught about same-sex marriages at school. Then it happens I get a dog called Sasha. 5 years later I happen to fall in love with this dog. I wake up one morning with a astonishing idea, I wanna marry Sasha. Me and Sasha go to court and they accept it, and eventually they allow Marriage between any living beings on earth. Then lets say Heli you have children a six year old child in second grade . They teacher was giving examples of marriage to the children. She firstly says marriage is between any living beings that love each other. That makes sense the children thought. Then the teacher gives examples of current marriages. After going through all of them she gets to the last one, I apparently make it to the text book. There is a picture of me and Sasha in a car that says " just married." Here is the question for you Heli. Would you want your six year old child in that classroom? Do you think that me and Sasha are playing a negative role in the children's up bringing? Would you consider the argument that me and Sasha are using " That is our civil rights, we want equality, and its a crime to stop any living things that love each other to be together?
This story might be extreme in your point of view, but for my child showing him a example of a same-sex marriage in class is as bad. When I was young, when my teacher was discussion marriage she showed us a picture of a heterosexual couple holding hands. I fear the day when my child see's a picture of a homosexual couple holding hands as an example of marriage.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete@ Omar:
ReplyDeleteTo be honest Omar, I have always been against anything that's unnatural. I don't support the homosexual marriages but I'm not going to speak against it either. I am a person who looks at things very scientifically, and it has been proven that the way homosexuals have "intercourse", is very harmful. But I know many won't believe that, but scientific research continues on it.
However Omar, I suggest that you don't argue such things using religion, because other people are not knowledgeable of what your religion is and therefore will never support any opinions that uses explanations from religious point of view.
I will never support homosexuality, but I don't want to oppress anyone either in such matter. I will ALWAYS respect everyone though, regardless of their gender, sexuality, race, or religion. If I can't say something nice about homosexuals, then I don't want to say anything mean either. Just like in the Alchemist, everyone has to find their own true selves, and everyones at different levels of doing so. It's not wise to interfere in others lives on such matter.
In Islamic countries, it's forbidden to practice sodomy, however, many will do it anyways behind closed doors. This shows that no matter what you do, people will always be how they are. You can't change someone and you have to accept that fact.
@ Mursal
ReplyDeleteI am not arguing from a religious point of view. I am speaking from a logical point of view. Logically I see that homosexuality comes with more negative outcomes than positive. I am not trying to oppress a certain type of people, that choose a lifestyle that they see, leads to there happiness. All I am trying to say is, please don't let your desire of happiness cause you from thinking about, the greater good of society, especially the greater good of children. You have to understand I have NO right to stop people that love each other, from being together. I don not see a problem if they stay together without getting married, and adopting children. Therefore there path to happiness, doesn't interfere with the positive up-bringing of children.
@ Omar: I really don't understand why you are comparing human beings with a DOG or any living thing on earth? It seems like you are comparing homosexuals to dogs and other objects. Is this so because form your story, that's what it seems. I think it's completely disrespectful and bizarre to even think this. Again, let me know if you meant something difference but from what I read, it seems like you are!
ReplyDeleteYes, homosexuals have the right to get married. Just think for a second. Put yourself in the shoes of someone who could be in a situation such a this. Now think about how you would feel if I told you that SURE, you can get "married" but we wont really call it marriage because its actually when a man a woman are united. What you have isn't really special, but we're going to call it that so you don't a big deal out of it.
ReplyDeleteChildren are too young to comprehend things like marriage. If you ask a child about it, obviously they will say something like that. Why? Because they have not been taught about things like this. Ask a little child where babies come from and they would either be dumbfounded or say babies come from stores. Later in life of course, they will be old enough to understand (hopefully) that there is so much more out there. Natural and normal? It is the only thing that child has seen, if they had a homosexual couple in their life as well, heterosexuality is just another option.
By calling it a "civil union", not a marriage, you are in a way mocking them and denying them their rights.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete@Heli
ReplyDeleteI am giving an analogy, I am not calling homosexual dogs. Answer my question. If I fell in love with a dog, and decided to marry it, and thats what makes me happy would you be okay with that. All I am trying to show is that, you might think, its weird and unnatural for me to marry a dog. For me its weird and unnatural for homosexual couples getting married. It goes against the balance of life.
Alright Omar. Are you trying to think of the most outrageous and out there examples because to want us to question our judgement? We are talking about marriage between humans. Or to make things simpler, two beings of the same species but not the the opposite gender.
ReplyDeleteJust find another analogy.
@ Dianne
ReplyDeleteThe thing about your analogy is your not understanding where i am coming from. I stated in earlier comments I am strongly with equality and human rights. When the equality and human rights go against the up-bringing of children, then sorry I have to reject it.
About children being too young to comprehend marriage. How about a ten year-old child can he comprehend marriage?
@ Dianne second comment
ReplyDeleteJust answer my question. Would you be okay with me marring a dog, if it made me happy? I'm not trying to make a joke about this issue, I just want to know if you would allow me to marry dog. When you answer the question, then I can respond with the wisdom and the reasoning of why I asked the question.
Sure. You can go marry a dog. As long as it makes you happy and you achieve something you had always wanted, why not?
ReplyDeleteI think it's so pathetic that you would want to marry a dog or perhaps, comparing other human beings to animals.
Are you going to say that humans eat, breath and sleep just like dogs do? I really want to know your "wisdom and reasoning" behind this comparison between dogs to homosexuals!
Also, what exactly is this "balance of life" thing? Sorry, thats the first time I have heard of this phrase. Just a bit interested to know what it means.
ReplyDeleteNo, no. By all means, if you wish to marry a dog, go ahead and do it. Because who YOU wish to marry is none of my business.
ReplyDeleteGo on, fill us in on your wisdom. I would LOVE to know how you can compare your marriage with a dog, and a homosexual marriage.
So you think that if a child has two moms or two dads, that child would be confused or ruined? Why? You think they would not be able to cope with not having a mom or a dad? That, that will not be enough for that child?
ReplyDeleteOr wait, do you think that if the child had two dads, he would grow up to be gay? Or you afraid of something like that happening?
We have had debate after debate, yet somehow, we always end up at square one.
Today, homosexuality is expanding and everyone is expressing their love regardless of their gender. Everyone has a choice of who they want to love and marry so why not homosexuals? They are also humans just like everyone else, no one can tell them that you can’t love this person because they’re the same gender as you. Homosexuals do go through psychological problems, that’s only because they think so much if everyone will still give them the equal rights and freedom, also they would think what the society around them would think, if they would think in a positive way or a negative way. Also, if their parents would accept the type of relationship, if the relationship does get serious where the couple do want to get married.
ReplyDeleteChildren are not affected by homosexual couples. They would be brought up the same way as any normal child would, and it’s not necessary that the child will end up the same way as their parents. The only problem that children that were brought up by a homosexual couple is in school when it comes to talking to about their parents or being scared if they would be isolated from everyone else. Today, homosexual couples are increasing; they are just human beings living their life happily.
It's the same thing as taking away the right to marriage from a person based on their ethnicity becuase your taking away the right based off of who they are! A homosexual is a homosexual, that is who they are. Why should they not have the right to be married? Its a CIVIL right, marriage is a CIVIL union. I'm sorry to break it to you, but in the eyes of the government, it has nothing to do with religion. Why should someone have their CIVIL right taken away because of their sexuality. Hence why it is the same as taking away the right to marriage based off of race.
ReplyDeleteYou and mercel make it seem as if the legalization of gay marriage would cause the world to end. I don't think every person on this earth is homosexual, and those who are still wouldn't be having kids if the didn't get married so why not just let them. Who someone else chooses to marry is none of your bussiness.
I don't even know why im bothering to respond to you because what I just wrote is gonna go in one ear and out the other. I honestly feel sorry for you.
@ Ashleigh:
ReplyDeleteNo, I wasn't really saying that it was going to put the world to an end. I just wanted to show Omar that if something like this was going to be discussed, at least there should be some logical explanation to it. I don't really care if they legalize marriage for homosexuals or not. I don't want to pass any judgement on whether it's morally wrong or not. Neither am I going to fight to get them their rights, nor am I going to go against it.
However, there's nothing wrong to look at this scientifically, because science studies EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. You probably didn't read the part where I talked about straight people not having enough kids either. But some people aren't really interested at looking things scientifically because we constantly ignore such things, unless you work in that field.
And guess what. One of my most favourite french teacher was gay. I respected him as much as I respected all my other teachers. Since he was a temporary teacher, I even wrote a recommendation letter because he was really good at his job. He used to stay after school every day to help everyone. I think it's best not to get involved in a discussion like this because it's not easy for people who are against it to agree with it. But I strongly believe that whether you agree with something or not, you should always be respectful of other people's views and lifestyles.
ReplyDeleteI strongly believe that homosexual couples have their own rights to be married to whom they want and it should be called as "marriage" According to the dictionary, the definition of the "marriage" contains "any close or intimate association or union". It definitely shows that the homosexual marriage does not need to be called with another name. Also, if gay people are not allowed to marry and if their marriage should be called with another name, it is taking their freedoms and rights away. I do not think that gay marriages would affect children negatively, because the legalization of the gay marriage actually will show children that they have rights to be whatever they want. As well it will teach children that the society respects everyone even if they are kind of different from others. It will show them the positive image of the country.
ReplyDelete@ Heli and dianne
ReplyDeleteHeli why do you think its pathetic for me to marry a dog, I love this dog, don't call my civil rights pathetic.
Dianne thank you for understanding my true feelings, and thank you for accepting my path that leads to my happiness. Would you allow children to learn about marriage as a bond, between anythings that love each other, and they used an example of me getting married to dog. Would you accept that being taught to children? Once you answer that question, I'll let you know my wisdom and reasoning of asking.
@ Prina
ReplyDeleteYou believe same-sex marriages have no affect on children. While I believe it has affects on children. Let me clear this up, no where did I state that Homosexual couples if they adopt children, the children will be homosexual, I never said that. I strongly believe that, they way homosexual couples affect children is, it would make the child undergo severe depression, and even possibly suicide. Any couple that cause children to undergo this torture should not be given its rights. In my opinion everyone should be given rights, when the rights cross the boundaries of a positive up-bringing of children, then I am against those rights.
@ Ashleigh
ReplyDeleteWhen you said "Why should someone have their CIVIL right taken away because of their sexuality." I am totally with civil rights. like a said a million times, it feels like I am going over the same thing over and over again. The only time I am against it, is when these civil rights go against and negative influence on the up-bringing of these precious children. If you wanna know about these negative influences it has on children, read my post, and previous comments.
@ Heli
ReplyDeleteThe balance of life I am speaking about is, a man and a women getting married, having children the normal way, and raising the child. There is a reason why God made a man and women, if a man and a man was correct and natural, you would hear about this long time ago, also homosexuals would be able to have children, even scientist have proven the way homosexuals have intercourse is very harmful. Even look at animals you see any gay apes, or gay lions, No cause its not normal. We humans have gone far enough to cross the natural order of things, also known as upsetting the balance of life.
@ Soonho
ReplyDeleteWhen you might be right, that it will show children that society accepts everyone. Soonho their are more negatives than positives in legalizing same-sex marriages. I can not deny in saying their not any positive aspect to it. The point I am arguing is if same-sex couples got married, then the next step is adopting children. That child would live a life of solitude, would feel hate from others, and would lead to him going through severe depression, or even possibly suicide. Also if Homosexual couples decided to get married, why not calling it another name not marriage. It would confuse many, in what the real meaning of marriage is. Let say I accept it, they start teaching marriage in school, they give examples of marriage in class, two homosexual couples holding hands. That is what I am afraid of happening to children, especially my future children.
I give up on this conversation and i give up on trying to talk sense into you Omar. Sorry, but your example or "analogy" is just too arrogant, and you, too stubborn.
ReplyDeletep.s
ReplyDeleteYes, there is homosexual behavior in animals.
You keep saying that having homosexual parents has a negative impact on children, but it doesn't. What studies show that becuase a child has homosexual parents they are somehow damaged. Homosexual people come from heterosexual households.
ReplyDeleteDude, your a complete contradiction of yourself so I suggest you stop.If your "totally with civil rights" it means there are no conditions to it.
I hope that one day, you can open your mind and have an understanding about what others feel. It's sad to see that homosexuals have to go through this discrimination due to narrow minded people like such.
ReplyDeleteAgreeing with the three posts above me, I also wish to say that you have a great life ahead. I hope you find a nice dog whom you can marry and you live happily ever after.
It was great knowing your opinions on this topic. Good day Omar!
@ Ashleigh
ReplyDeleteAre trying to tell me you never heard any incidents where, children where bullied cause they were either, homosexual or their parents were homosexual, if you did not hear about that, then you need to open you eyes. Ashleigh How am I contradicting my self, when I said that I am with civil rights as long as it doesn't negatively affect children. Anyone would reject another persons civil right if it negatively affected them. I still do not understand why people are trying to purse their happiness, harming the happiness of delicate children. They can be happy together with out getting married, and adopting children. Its a win, win situation.
@ dianne
ReplyDeleteI understand why you gave up, you did not want to answer the question. Knowingly that if you answered the question truthfully, I would have opened your eyes, and you would have seen the reality of things. Its okay I pray you understand sooner or later.
@ Heli
ReplyDeleteLikewise I hope that one day, you can open your eyes and understand, that children, and the society are more important then, the desires of certain people. Remember I am not stopping them from being together, I am only rejecting when they go as far, as influencing kids. I was using marrying a dog, to put a point across. I don not plan to marry one in the future, because the is unnatural and it ruins the "the balance of life ( I defined it in earlier comments). Thank you for commenting.
Omar, I really don't understand how having homosexual parents 'harm' their children? In fact, I think it makes them more aware to the society that there are 'different' people where they live. They will grow up to be more understanding and mature towards different matters.
ReplyDeleteI am really trying hard to find this video about two couples who have a baby. They are both homosexuals. So the boy has two mothers who are in love with one another. And two fathers, who also love one another. If I find it, I would love to show it to you. The little child is receiving more love than any parent can give to any other normal child!
Can you please explain this ideology that it harms their children?
@ Heli
ReplyDeleteYou may be right the couple are showing immense love to the child. The part i am sure is that the child would not feel like he/she fits in society. Let me get more specific. The child would watch television and majority of parents on the show are heterosexual ( I know there are couples on TV who are homosexual, I am taking about majority, also ninety nine percent of children programs, the kid's parents are heterosexual ). The child would commonly think am I weird. Secondly the child at school would hide his parents sexual orientation, and even lie about his parents being homosexual. He would also never invite friends over, fear that they might figure out. Eventually sooner or later the kids would find out causing the child to live a life of sever depression, because of the bulling, the harassment, and the rejection of others. Sadly resulting in, unfortunately attempted suicide, and suicide in some cases. If you don not see that as a problem, then I can not help you. Please do not deny this cause it happens all around us.
Omar, children are bullied for many different reasons. They are bullied for their race, their actions and because of some ignorant people, their sexuality. If there were ever a point to teach children about homosexuality and homosexual marriages, that would be it- So that children become more open minded about that idea and so others would not be bullied about their sexuality.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I did not give up because I don't want to answer your idiotic and repetitive question,I'm tired of trying to get my point across to a homophobe. You may not want to seem like it, but you come across as one. Open my eyes to what? You keep repeating the same argument.
Ashleigh means that a homosexual couple can raise children just as well as a heterosexual couple can. If it were so impossible, single parents would not be able to do it.
And you're contradicting yourself because you say that you are totally for equality and human rights but then you are taking away marriage from them. Civil union my left foot, sorry.
I totally get what you are saying. BUT, if other children's parents started being more open minded and accepting homosexuality, NONE of the things you mentioned would happen. If the society begins accepting them as a 'normal' couple, then there would be no problems. Obviously, if people like you still exists in the world, the poor child would commit suicide because of YOU (not because of his parents sexual orientation)!
ReplyDelete@ Dianne
ReplyDeleteIn Canada, children have the most severe kind of bullying done to them, due to their sexuality, or their parent's sexuality. So to solve that problem, I suggest a simple solution, to prevent homosexual couples of adopting children, or getting married, In my point of view, it will not open their eyes if they are taught this at school, it would show them how messed up, weird, and not normal society has become.
If I remember correctly, I asked you only twice, if thats too repetitive for you, me asking you a question twice, would prevent you from answering, my gosh aren't we sensitive ( nice excuse not to answer ).
I mean open your eyes, because your just wrapped up in giving every thing its civil rights, ignoring whats more important ( childrens rights upon us to give them a healthy surrounding). Hopefully in the future, we don't go as far as fighting to give civil rights to lions. Lions should be given the freedom to eat anything they want, even humans AS LONG AS THEY ARE HAPPY ITS OKAY. Come on Dianne lets prioritize whats more important to us, happy homosexuals or happy healthy children.
If you read my comments and post carefully, I never said heterosexual couples can not raise children, or their children are going to turn out homosexual themselves. I agree with you guys on that, possibly homosexual couples might show more love to their children than heterosexual couples. My point of disagreement is not how the children are raised, up how the children are treated my others cause they have homosexual parents.
Like I said a million times its not contradiction, its prioritizing whats important, its called wisdom. Hopefully my wisdom will spread, and many will understand the reality of whats going on.
@ Heli
ReplyDeleteI see know, where opening a book to another discussion. Should Omar accept homosexuals? Frankly that is out of the picture. In my religion, and majority of other religions, they consider homosexuality a sin. You know when you said "If the society begins accepting them as a 'normal' couple, then there would be no problems." Lets put religion aside, how is homosexuality normal? Please do not say, because they love each other. How about they legalize marriage between 3 people, Amy, Laura, and katy, they love each other so much they wanna get married. THEY LOVE EACH OTHER SO ITS OKAY. Love should not be the criteria of right and wrong. There has to boundaries in life. I fear legalizing same-sex marriages won't stop their, it would lead to more unnatural marriages, in till you see people marrying monkeys.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteAre you serious? Why are you talking about humans marrying monkeys and dogs and animals? Again, are you saying homosexuals are animals? You are really confused Omar.
ReplyDeleteI can't change how you think or what you believe but you don't have to be so narrow minded about homosexuals.
Yeah, my religion does say it is a sin. I am a very religious person but that doesn't stop me from believing whats right and whats wrong!
You are Muslim right? Swearing, drinking, and etc. are not allowed in your religion, correct? So why do people who follow Islam do these things Omar? How come religion does not stop them when they drink but it stops them when it comes to homosexuality?
[Before anyone who is Muslim starts bashing me, let me mention that I am not saying anything bad about your religion but just putting an example out there that is true. I'm sure I can say this for my religion also but I am just relating this example to Omar because he follows Islam]
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete@ Heli
ReplyDelete"Again, are you saying homosexuals are animals?." I never said any where that homosexuals are animals. I said in my previous comment, that if we allow this unnatural union to be legalized, it will lead to other kind of unnatural marriages. Just because I used homosexual and animal in the same sentence, you guys freak out, and say Omar called homosexuals animals. Sometime you guys amaze me. If you consider my opinion being narrow minded, also speaking the truth is narrow minded, then I advise us all to be narrow minded.
You were wrong there are muslims who are homosexual.
Ya, there have been incidents where children have been bullied because their parents are homosexual, but kids get bullied for tons of reasons. Kids get bullied because their fat, ugly, poor, any number of reasons.
ReplyDeleteYour contradicting yourself becuase you say people deserve civil rights BUT not if it affects others. That BUT, means you don't really belive homosexuals deserve the right to marry.
It doesn't matte what a parents sexual orientation is, if they're a good parent, they're a good parent. There are many heterosexual parents that suck, and mess up their children up.
Honestly Omar, I don't know how you are living in Toronto right now. It must drive you crazy to see openly gay couples on the street. I suggest you go crawl under a rock because your future seems bleak.
I'm sorry, I read this blog post, and I HAVE to comment on this one. So, forgive me, English class for making this comment (especially if I take a point you wanted to say or something). Omar, you seem to be making an argument that because children will find homosexual marriage confusing, that we shouldn't classify such a thing as 'marriage'. It also seems to be that you make the argument that your religious text, as many others do, condemns homosexuality, which is fine; if these are your beliefs. It seems that you yourself are confused about what marriage would be if homosexuals had the right themselves, as I'm sure many others would. But it doesn't matter if children or other adults, or you are confused at this idea of homosexual marriage. For your views on what should be marriage is biased on what you have been taught and have known for many years. However, the feeling of love is unbiased as feelings have no sentient thought themselves -- nature can not be fooled by the foolishness of mankind. It is perhaps a scary thought to imagine a world where homosexual couples have the same rights as heterosexual couples in your mind. However, it does not matter how scared you are, or how confusing this all must seem, because this is the way nature really is, and if you like it, then you can go to another universe. Do you believe that when the white Europeans first met black people, they had no sense of confusion? Do you think that they didn't condemn and take away the rights of those wonderful people because of that confusion that's created? It is natural to feel confusion when new things are experienced, however, confusion is never a bad thing. So perhaps it would be, for you, very simple, very easy, and kind upon your mind to keep the rights away from homosexuals, however, because love comes naturally, and because it itself has no bias or thought of its own, one must never frown upon people for wishing to display the one thing human kind considers of utmost beauty.
ReplyDeleteAgain, I'm sorry if I stole anyone's thoughts here, but I just had to say it.
As far as I know, I never mentioned anything about homosexuals being Muslims. I said people who follow their religion go against some of things their religion says (i.e. smoking, drinking, etc.) If they can smoke and drink by going against their religion, why can't they accept people's sexual orientation?
ReplyDeleteHow is homosexuality 'unnatural'?
You not letting homosexual live peacefully is not being narrow minded? Saying that "homosexual couples should be given the same rights as marriage, but it shouldn't be called marriage" is not being narrow minded?
I am so glad that they have legalized same sex marriages in many countries so there is no going back in time!
Just watch the video in my new post, Omar. Maybe you'll see that it's not "unnatural".
ReplyDelete@ Ashleigh
ReplyDeleteI know kids are bullied over everything, put kids bullied due to sexual orientation are more severe, like severe depression, and attempted suicide, and sucide.
Your last three points, see my other comment, and you'll find the answer to it ( sorry i can not repeat my self)
Actually, IF kids are bullied at a more severe rate than other things, it just backs up the point that, much like when black people lacked rights, homosexual people are picked on in the same way.
ReplyDeletealso, I looked at the other comments, and read them through, they have nothing to offer on the point i made -- which is why I made it.
Finally, I would like to say, homosexual people ARE animals, and so are the rest of human beings. Apes, in fact.
@ Samuel
ReplyDeleteSorry I took so long to comment I was hungry. Okay lets say that I am confused, and I accept same-sex marriages. My question is whats next? If we allow same-sex marriages, how about fifty years later someone days that I LOVE THIS DOG, and I want to marry it, marrying this dog makes me happy, and its against my civil rights. We cannot use happiness to tell us whats right or wrong. There has to boundaries, if these boundaries are crossed it would lead to a whole new world, where anything that makes us happy is acceptable. Lets say take religion out of this, Lets explore together how homosexuality is unnatural. Firstly if it was natural i would assume they would be able to produce. Secondly Majority of animals are heterosexual, what makes us go so far in ruin the balance of life. third scientist prove that the way homosexual have intercourse is very harmful ( not including HIV/AIDS and STD and any sexual transmitted disease). If the way they have pleasure is harmful wouldn't that give them the idea its wrong, usually something that harms you is bad for you, or its not meant to be. We can see here it dose not need religion to tell us whats bad for us, or good for us. Regarding blacks and white, come on samuel thats a whole different point, give me any point in how being black, brown, yellow is unnatural, but as stated earlier there are many reason homosexuality is not normal. Also homosexuality is an act of seeking ones happiness, or fulfilling one's desire. Tell me how being black is seeking happiness, or fulfilling ones desire. Its two completely different things.
correction: how about fifty years later someone says that...
ReplyDelete@ Samuel
ReplyDeleteLike I said in the previous comment its two different things, Also I'm sorry I am not a ape, I do not believe that I evolved from apes. I am not an animal. The evolution theory is called a THEORY for a reason, but taliking about this will lead to a whole new discussion.
1. third scientist prove that the way homosexual have intercourse is very harmful ( not including HIV/AIDS and STD and any sexual transmitted disease).
ReplyDeleteThat never happened. Studies like taht was never done, and if it was, it is due to propaganda that such results were found. Doctors tell people to starve themselves for weeks because theyre paid for it, and this would be no different.
2. tons of people love dogs, but tehy dont have sexual preferences for them. If one person was found to perhaps enjoy dogs in this way, I would not place that as some hatred crime, but the problem is that the dog is not capable of enough thought to understand taht situation, and thus I would have to place any act towards teh dog as rape, which IS wrong.
3. Boundaries are all good, but whos to say we should set our biases over emotions such as love.
4. Regarding the consideration of different ethnicities. Its not a different point, in fact, it has all too many similarities. I believe I remember hearing that even some of the slang terms used to demean homosexual people are the same as those used on blacks.
both have been condemned for who they are. Both are condemned for being different, and both are condemned because people who are not in their place do no understand what it means to be different.
@ Heli
ReplyDeleteThe only reason I said " there are muslim homosexual" is because I wanted to prove you wrong when you said "Swearing, drinking, and etc. are not allowed in your religion, correct? So why do people who follow Islam do these things Omar? How come religion does not stop them when they drink but it stops them when it comes to homosexuality?" You said people who follow Islam do drink, even though its a sin. In your statement you said it does not stop them from homosexuality, implying that muslims drink, but muslims are not homosexual. So I said to correct your statement There are homosexual muslims. Hopefully know you understand why I said that. T
You may call it narrow minded, but call me as you wish, I am thinking of the greater good of society ( if we let this unnatural thing be legal, it will not end their, more unnatural things will follow), and how this choice will affect children negatively.
Omar,you cant deny a persons love just because in your view its wrong....I understand that from your view the human body is not made for two males or females to be together. I do find gay marriage disturbing and uncomfortable but because of this day in society where equality is always first, it is inevitable that gay marriage will be a norm within the next century. So to answer your questions, yes it should be called marriage, yes children should be taught and yes it should be allowed.
ReplyDeleteI should probably post a fifth one since you brought up evolution being a theory.
ReplyDeleteIn science, theories are not something just thrown out there. Theories are tested rigorously, and with great attention for detail, in hopes that the theory is shown to be wrong. This is because people in the past, have believed theories that WERE just thrown out there, and it set humanity back hundreds of years because of it.
So, yes evolution IS a theory, but it has been observed, and it has been rechecked over and over again (because, as it turns out, people would rather believe that they are special than not). Evolution however, has come out correct so far, and so scientists had no other choice, much like Darwin, who ceased publication from his theory for 20 years because he himself was bound by religion, to believe in the theory of evolution.
Although it would be great to explain that yes, we are related to apes, and yes you yourself did evolve from an ape, it is not needed. Getting into that would mean that we would get into religion again, and that is definitely not what this discussion needs again. If Samuel wishes to continue with it an further explain the theory to you, i wish him the best of luck. We all know how hard it is to explain something to an animal.
ReplyDeleteI told you to watch the video I posted, it is clear that you did not, since you continue to call this unnatural.
Blacks wanted to get equal rights for themselves because they were being treated as second class citizens. Homosexuals want equal rights for the same reasons. Is there still no connection between the two?
@ Samuel
ReplyDelete1. Studies have never been done. I'm sorry Doctor Samuel I never knew that, you knew all the studies that were made, or the studies which are made have to be approved by Samuel, or it never happened. I'm sorry this is the reality, go search it up, or ask a scientist and he will be happy to tell you.
2. Okay know changing it to rape, Okay lets use another example, I agree with same-sex marriages and homosexuality as a whole. I figure out that I am confused, and I change my harsh attitude. fifty years later the whole society accepts homosexual completely, Here comes along Amy, Kate, and laura. They love each other so much, and they get a astonishing idea, lets get married ALL three of us. So they go to court, say that its our civiil rights, its makes us happy. eventually they are allowed to get married. I hope you understand where I am going with this, If there are no boundaries, the world would accept anything that makes the person happy, and thats a scary reality.
3. READ point 2
4. Like i said its two different argument, there many words in the dictionary that mean two different things, that does not prove anything. Also I said homosexuality is a choice, its a means an individual seeks happiness, or fulfills his sexual desires. Tell me how being born black and how its a natural beautiful sate relates, to homosexuality, its a choice, its unnatural, and its a means of fulfilling your desires
1. I THINK I would be well versed in the world of science, as I do spend most of my time immersed in science. Studies such as those are easy to dismiss, for they would have brought up greater discussion, and I, who I can safely say, is much more well versed in science than most people have seen.
ReplyDelete2. Im not changing the topic. I am just showing how boundaries can be set without having to resort to a controversial bias such as denying homosexual people rights.
3. Ive read point 2.
4. Theyre not different arguments. You just fail to see how they have a relation. If you can not see their relation, I can not help ease that mind for one can only do so much to try to give someone comprehension of ideas presented.
Love is not something people wake up one day and say, "oh, I think I'll be in love today!" to. It turns out that people DONT like being beat up by everyone they see and degraded by society. Who knew? And, perhaps not in this time, but when homosexuals were just starting to be more open, this is what happened. You can not tell me that THAT was a choice, for the groups that DID come out at the time would not have some wish to be rejected by the society.
To end: Did you know, gravity is just a theory?
@ Samuel
ReplyDeleteSamuel would you accept Amy, Kate, and laura decision of getting married?
Also, I guess your not as well versed as you thought in science, because you defiantly missed that. Samuel we both know where not getting anywhere with this, So I suggest you open eyes for a second, and actually think about the reality of this issue. Tell me how being black, is a choice, or fulfilling one's desire, or achieving one's happiness. I am sorry man I see no comparison. Thank you for reading point two.
@ Samuel lets continue this tomorrow, or some other time. I am going to study for the quest know, and go to sleep. It was good talking to you.
ReplyDeletetell me about how being homosexual is a choice. It may not be visible by the eyes, but it is still a trait that you can not say someone just decided to be. Ive already stated a scenario on how ridiculous homosexuality, as a whole, being a choice is ridiculous in my previous comment. I have no problem with people wishing to get married. If the 3 you have mentioned wishes to get married, then they shall get married, it is not my decision on whether that is right or wrong, and logically, I see no problem with the act.
ReplyDeleteI found it rather unsatisfying to talk to you, for any point I made to homosexuality were ignored, and the comments in which you could find some sliver of argument against, which as it turns out isn't really any, as the only true arguments you made was, I don't get it, you just focused on and ignored all other comments.
ReplyDeleteHomosexuality is not a choice. If it were, people being beaten to change their sexual preferences would have changed. People being bulled because of their sexuality would change so they would not be put through that anymore. Did you not watch the video of that man who was put though an exorcism because he was gay? Tyra Banks later asked him if he liked women and he completely and totally hesitated. Why? Because he didn't change. Because he COULD NOT change.
ReplyDeleteJust like you do not have a choice but to be black, homosexuals cannot change their sexual preferences. Hope that helped. Goodnight.